A little over two weeks ago I purchased this game from ebay. I knew of its existence having purchased a large lot of figures several years ago and then earlier this year receiving a game board,scoreboard and some game parts as part of a donation to the Museum.
The game I received today is in near complete and excellent condition. Looks to have all the parts, teams and instructions.
There are several things significant to the history of electric football about this game.
- It is the only game of electric football known to have been produced during the period between when Tudor was sold to Superior Toys in 1989 and Miggle Toys begin producing the game in 1993.
- It is the only game that contains the elusive “brown” bases.
- The figures pictured on the box are Tudor “Fab 5” figures.
- The Instruction booklet appears to be merely a copy of Tudors rule book
- All parts appear to be just copies of Tudors game parts.
- It is the first battery operated electric football game board produced.